NOTE: On the older UCM hardware, the default password is ‘admin’. But, on the newer hardware, the default password is printed on a label attached to the underside of the unit itself. Hint – use a magnifying glass.
Before we begin, make sure the Grandstream UCM6202 IP PBX is powered up and connected to your network via the WAN Port.
- When the UCM has finished booting, look at the LCD screen and note the IP Address.
- If you do not see an IP Address, check that the UCM is properly connected to the network via the WAN Port.
- Using a browser, enter the IP Address in the URL address bar and hit enter.
- Enter ‘admin’ for the Username and for the Password, use either the default password identified above or the password as set by the PBX installer.
- If, once logged in, your are presented with the Setup Wizard, press the Quit button to exit the Setup Wizard.
- Using the Menus panel, navigate to Extension / Trunk, then Extensions, and finally, click Add.
- If the presented extension NOT is acceptable, enter your desired extension in the Extension field.
- Selected the desired Permission setting.
- If the extension is to have Voicemail enabled, ensure the Voicemail field is set to Enable Local Voicemail.
- Enable Keep-Alive packets by checking the Enable Keep-Alive Checkbox.
- Enter the appropriate names in the First Name and Last Name Fields.
- Press the Save button at the top right of the screen.
- Press the Apply Changes button at the top of the screen.
Once you have created the extension you need, you should see it on the Extensions page with a Status of Unavailable. Next, the actual device needs to be programmed.
If the extension you are setting up is for a Grandstream VoIP Phone, then you can use Zero Config to program it. See Using Zero Config on the Grandstream UCM6200 Series IP PBX
If it is for another vendors VoIP Phone, then you have to program it manually and we have numerous tutorials for many other devices.