In this tutorial, we will walk through the basic steps to Factory Reset a Polycom VVX Series VoIP Phone when you have lost the Admin Password.
A full factory reset is the only way to reset the admin password.
- Power cycle the phone and watch for the message “Starting application, press Cancel to interrupt” to be displayed, and then quickly select the Cancel button as this menu will only appear for a brief moment.
- At the Welcome screen a countdown timer will begin. Press and hold the About menu to locate and record the MAC address.
- Release the About key to return to the Welcome menu and before the timer expires press and hold the number 1, 3, and 5, simultaneously on the dial pad for a few seconds until and a new screen should appear prompting for the password to reset the phone.
- Enter the device’s MAC address as the password and then select OK to reset the phone.
- When the phone reboots, the administrator password will be the default value of “456”.
How to Factory Reset a Polycom VVX Phone when you have lost the Admin password February 20th, 2022