In this tutorial, we will walk through the basic steps to get a Grandstream GAC2500 Conference VoIP Phone configured for use with FiberConX Business VoIP Phone Services. As usual, these settings will probably work for most VoIP Service Providers as we are only doing a basic configuration.
Before we begin, make sure the GAC2500 conference phone is powered up and connected to your network.
- Tap the touch screen display and the IP address will be visible on the top left corner.
- If you do not see an IP Address, check that the GAC2500 conference phone is properly connected to the network.
- Using a browser, enter the IP Address in the URL address bar and hit enter.
- Enter ‘admin’ for the Username and password on the login page.
- Once logged in, navigate to ACCOUNT->Account 1->General Settings
- Enter an appropriate name in the Account Name field – this is shown on the phone.
- Enter the name or IP address of the SIP Server in the SIP Server field.
- Enter your User ID in the SIP User ID and SIP Authenticate ID field.
- Enter your SIP Password in the SIP Authenticate Password field.
- In the Name field, enter the name you wish to send when making calls.
- Enter the dialing string (usually something like *98) to access the voicemail system at your SIP Provider’s server into the Voice Mail Access Number field.
- Click ‘Save’.
- Now, navigate to ACCOUNT->Account 1->Network Settings.
- Set NAT Traversal to ‘Keep-Alive’.
- Click ‘Save’.
- At the top of the screen, Click ‘Apply’.
At this point, the GAC2500 VoIP Phone should display the value you entered in the Account Name field on the upper left corner of the touch screen with a green colored icon.